Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
You will need:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- One bunch of tenderstem broccoli tips
- One bunch of asparagus (halved)
- Olive oil for stir-frying
- 1 cup vegetable stock (broth)
- One handful baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g fettuccine, cooked until al dente
- One handful of pine nuts and/or sunflower seeds
- 100g soft goats cheese (low-fat cream cheese can be substituted)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp basil pesto
- Once chicken is defrosted, stir-fry in 1-2 tbsp of olive oil for about 10 minutes. Season to taste and then set aside.
- Stir-fry the broccoli and asparagus in 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil over high heat until tender crisp.
- Pour vegetable stock in with the veggies and bring to a simmer. Add the spinach, remove from heat and check the seasoning. Mix in chicken.
- Combine with hot, drained pasta and mix with pine nuts and sunflowers seeds.
- Top with a spoonful of goat's cheese pesto and serve.
Blend goat's cheese, pesto and crushed garlic until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and then serve on top of pasta.
And there you have it, all of the different food groups wrapped up into one amazing dish!
P.S: If you haven't already, pretty please click that vote button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. It would mean the world to me if you did! Thanks :)