I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to share this amazing and Spring-inspired side dish with you :) I tried it last weekend and it's pretty easy to make, but still looks impressive if you're having guests over and tastes SO good - trust me on this one.
Rocket & Caramelized Pear Pasta Salad
Time: 20 minutes
You will need:
- 200g penne pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 ripe pears
- 50g butter (about 1/4 cup)
- 30g brown sugar (a little more than 1/8 cup)
- 50g soft blue cheese (1/2 cup)
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 30ml balsamic vinegar (1/8 cup)
- 5ml dijon mustard (about a teaspoon)
- 100g fresh baby rocket (or a handful of any other fancy lettuce if you can't find it)
1. Cook the penne in salted boiling water, drain and allow to cool.
2. Slice the ripe pears, place in a pan and turn on the heat. Add the butter and the brown sugar. Allow to cook until sticky and caramel-golden brown.
3. Mash the soft blue cheese with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard into a creamy dressing.
4. Toss the penne with the baby rocket (or other fancy lettuce) and caramelized pears. Dress with the blue cheese dressing just before serving.
Let me know how it turns out!