Chicken and Couscous
Serves: 3 - 4
Time: 20 minutes
You will need:
- 30ml soy sauce - I used low sodium (1/8 cup)
- 30ml chutney - If you can't find this you can always sub in apricot or peach jam (1/8 cup)
- 30ml apricot juice (1/8 cup)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each sliced into four pieces
- 250ml vegetable broth/stock (a little more than 1 cup)
- 250ml couscous (a little more than 1 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tomatos, finely diced
- 15ml fresh thyme leaves (1Tbs)
1. Mix together soy sauce, chutney and fruit juice. Place the chicken slices in this marinade for a couple of minutes to soak.
2. Put the broth/stock on to boil. Add the couscous and remove from heat.
3. Preheat a griddle pan. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and shake off the excess. Lower them into the griddle pan and grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
4. Stir the chopped red peppers, tomatoes and thyme into the couscous using a large fork to loosen the granules. Season and serve with grilled chicken pouring excess marinade from griddle pan over the top.
Let me know how it turns out!